Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trip to the US Embassy

We were told at the beginning of our time here that we should register at the embassy. Well in good African time frame 2 months later we finally went to register. Can I just say praise God for AC. It was wonderful! And there was a cold water cooler with great tasting water! I’m not sure exactly what I was expecting but it was just a small entry way with windows to chat with people, like at the bank. In good American fashion we filled out some paperwork and were on our way. It was nice to look at magazines all in English. There was one that had cartoons in it that I actually understood. Not common with all the French papers and magazines.
Oh on our way into embassy we saw a Chevy! I know a Chevy in Burundi. We were shocked too. Dad I thought you would be proud an American purchasing an American vehicle.

1 comment:

  1. So do we get to register to so we can have a stamp of the country???

    ReplyDelete