Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Too Much vs So Much

The students here have real trouble differentiating between the use of the phrases "too much" and "so much". This is such a big issue that Stephanie is, as I type, teaching these phrases in her English class. Tonight I was the recipient of a classic example that I thought I would share with you.
A Burundian, who I met last week came up to me tonight and began chatting with me. We talked about what we were up to tonight. I told him I was on a walk just chatting with people. His response, "I can see you love people too much." Now translated his comment is really sweet. He said that he has been watching me and noticed that I care about people.
Good thing I can differentiate between the real meaning of their too much, so much comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment