Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Leaving New Friends

I was not expecting it to be hard to leave retreat being that I didn’t know anyone going into it. It was almost as hard as leaving the US, but this time I knew what I was going back to. It was amazing as we got closer to Buja…I got excited. The man next to me on the plane, a Kenyan, told me that he could see in my eyes that I was excited to be back. It was true. This place, Bujumbura, is no longer foreign to me. I knew where to go in the airport. When driving back to campus I knew where I was and the roads I was traveling on. I thought that from now on I will never be a stranger to Bujumbura again. We stopped on the way to pick up groceries and were back to our apartment. It felt good to come back. To enter a place that was familiar.
Because Stephanie and I were tired from the flight and had eaten so much the whole time we were in Kenya we decided to just have popcorn and watch Pride and Prejudice to end our day.

2 comments:

  1. Remember you will get to see these people again some day. Don't worry, missonary people always get together.

    ReplyDelete