Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kenya Trip

An opportunity to feel western comfort. We are staying at a tourist resort in Kenya. It is so nice to be full on food that tastes great, cooler climate so I can wear my jeans, socks and shoes, walk on carpet, take a hot shower, and talk and laugh with other Americans and some Canadians. For the first time in 2 months I feel normal. I’m not the minority. I understand the language, jokes, cultural norms, and I’m not the center of honor or attention. I have let down my guard. I don’t have to worry about offending anyone.
Talking with missionaries from all over Africa and the Middle East is really nice. I can say something about how I’m feeling or what I’m going through and they understand or they have had a similar experience. I’m one of the newest to this population and so it’s great hearing wisdom and advice from those who have been at this many years.

Pictures to follow at a later date

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for this relaxing, refreshing, and "normal" time for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete