Wednesday, March 3, 2010

HAU Students

Favorite look in the whole wide world, “Wow, I didn’t know that. I know I will use that. That’s so good to know, I’m glad I learned it”. I just finished teaching my language class. The topic is interesting and that drives good discussion and thought provoking activities. I love it! I told the students that time was up and so I had to cut the activity short. I explained their homework and told them class was over. Three people raised their hands. One had a question about the homework but the others wanted to discuss the activity further. Their questions were full of thoughts. It makes me happy when they want to learn, they want to know what I know. Even when I am not clear or language gets in the way they drag it out of me. They help me along. Day one I told them that I wanted to learn about their culture and how things are done. I told them I would need their help to teach the course. Well they are holding up their end of the deal. It’s such a blessing to teach at Hope Africa University. I’m so glad to be part of a community that desires to learn, desires excellence, desires change in their world.

1 comment: