Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Encouragement from the middle of America

Merle just walked into my room to say goodbye. He is flying back to Kansas today. Last night Stephanie teased me saying that Merle was my BFF. I told her it was true. He was here to work on the radio station. He was a missionary here a while ago with his wife, she is now in heaven. A few weeks ago he told me that he was praying for Stephanie and me. Today before he left he asked me if it was alright to consider me one of his grand daughters. I told him that would be wonderful. I will miss him. He made things seem normal here. When everything else was crazy Merle was consistent. He would get up and work his fingers to the bone, take his afternoon nap, work some more and then have dinner with us. It won’t be the same without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment