Monday, June 28, 2010

Hope for the Future, in my students

I love reading my students papers. I get to learn more about Burundi culture and their visions. I want to share some of their thoughts with you. It's really encouraging to read knowing that I'm making a difference here, helping them reach their goals for not only their lives but their country too.
Thanks for all of you who have supported me along this journey!!! Keep it up :)

“Those children or adolescents with disabilities were no well considered in their families because they were not well cared (for). Some parents expose their children in the public place to ask (for) money or begging for money.
When I see their actions I feel not well because their parents don’t think of their future life or how do they become autonomous in their life. That is why I’m here in special education in order to change something in my local community and to care (for) those adolescents with disabilities or special needs.” Nestor, Special Education major, Hope Africa University

“I don’t know what I can do for him but I am sure that if placed in special education, Fabrice can become someone very important. He has some talents to be developed. So I (am) still praying for him and one day my dream will be the reality, by the will of God.” Edith, Special Education major, Hope Africa University

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, they have a heart of the special need kids just like you. I love hear and reading that. You are doing a great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what wonderful moments to see that you are really making a difference and that God is truly using you! We didn't doubt it here at home ;-), but sometimes it's nice to personally be reminded that all of your sacrifices are an offering to God that He is using greatly!

    ReplyDelete