Monday, June 28, 2010

Finding Rachel

I woke up this morning feeling like myself. I haven’t felt that in a while.
It’s been almost 5 months since I’ve been here and I’m feeling more like me than ever. Maybe it's because friends have come to visit me and I’ve had real conversations, not just superficial conversation but real things. We have talked about our dreams and hopes. We have talked about our failures. And we have shared prayer requests.
Perhaps it’s the fact that I’m sick and haven’t felt up to doing anything more than what I can do.
It could be the fact that I’ve been cold the last few days. I mean seriously cold. Not sure if it’s the sickness or that I’m getting more acclimated to the heat, but my toes and fingers have been cold the last few nights. I almost thought about putting on my sweatshirt to sleep, almost. This morning though I was cold for sure. I looked at my thermometer that I just purchased at T-2000 (Buja’s equivalent to Wal-mart). I’m not sure if it works right but this morning it said 75 degrees. I didn’t care what it said I was cold. So I went and dug up my sweatshirt, put on my comfy pants and curled up for breakfast, sliced bananas in my honey nut cheerios. Thanks again Jeannie for sending them!!! I had a Seattle morning and it was nice. Too bad it’s not the rainy season because a few sprinkles would have completed the package!


Just an update now the thermometer says 80 degrees and I'm still in my sweatshirt. I think something might be wrong with me ;) I'm just a comfortable temperature.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you know why it is getting cold over there? Your mom and dad are coming. Don't you remember that every time we go somewhere it gets rainy and cold. We are on our way in about 1 month. Sorry you are sick.

    ReplyDelete