Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 5 12/24

Today my patience was tested. Breakfast was late and my stomach and body were complaining. We went to church for the Christmas Eve service. I expected a longer service but it was only 1 1/2hours.
Once home, 12:30, we were told that lunch was “almost done”. It was 2:30 before lunch was served. I couldn’t understand why it took so long. I would be fine to inform my stomach that it had to wait but when my whole body gives way and I must lie down on my bed or faint that’s another story. I don’t like waiting for food. We sat and talked for a long time after the meal. Then it was time for tea. I had just eaten and now tea! More sitting and talking, it was nice.
More cleaning and book reading filled the day along with the stream of visitors that hasn’t stopped or lessened since we arrived. It’s fun to meet new people, especially when they hear I’m from Burundi and begin to speak Kirundi to me 
Dinner was cheese, spam and crackers, then stories of the Seymour family. Lunch the Sargents were discussed so it was the Seymour’s turn. I got very homesick. After dinner I spent much time holding back tears. After another bucket shower I lay on my bed and cried silent tears. It’s hard being in a new place. I craved family, HAU friends and my Buja home. I wanted something familiar. I wanted to feel at home. But I’m learning that this holiday isn’t about me, tradition or family, it’s about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment