Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not in Kenya (change of plans)

I want to thank you all for your fervent prayers for my trip to Kenya. As with life plans must change with new information and circumstances. I am writing to you from Burundi. The tickets were purchased and bags were packed (mine wasn’t but I was thinking about it). Two days before our trip Sammy began to vomit and had a high fever. The trip was off. We are still not sure what is wrong with Sammy, we would love your prayers for him. He has been to the hospital three times now for different things. Please pray that God will direct the doctors in what is wrong with him.

As for my plans I am here at home working with Sammy on his counting. Today we used empty yogurt cups to build towers of different amounts. We did our best to knock down the tower after it reached 10. I’m trying to take the sting of math away by making learning fun. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment