Friday, September 14, 2012

First Week of School Coming to a Close

Helping with Math
So the first week of school is done, I know who the wiggle worms, the quiet ones in the corner, the confused, and the talkers. I have placed them in reading groups, including a group of four who are just working on learning english. I also have decided that my classroom, as beautiful as it was before school started, needs some serious reorganization.
With a few more assessments I feel that I will know my students well enough to start teaching them at their level, not too high and not too low.
I'm excited to actually start teaching them and learning more about how they learn best. There is so much to do, letter sounds, number value, following directions, writing letters, problem solving, reading, and getting along with your neighbor. I've already started saving papers to look back over at the end of the year. It will be great to see the progress. I think we will all have a good laugh at the "good work" we have done these last few days compared to what work will look like in 10 months.
Please pray for my students as we take this journey down the path to the second grade.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you carrying on your grandmother's legacy. I will continue to pray that God energizes you and gives you wisdom for each student. Love you soooo much Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete