Monday, April 2, 2012

Mexican Fiesta in Burundi


Living on the other side of town from my old home has been hard to keep in contact with my old friends. Moving into this new place has been so nice. I was able to have an “open house”. I invited 6 of my closes friends (they also brought other friends that also knew me) and had them over for Mexican appetizers. These poor east Africans’ had no idea what to expect when I said Mexican food but they were pleasantly surprised. “Those mashed beans were great!” Referring to the refried beans. “The maze chapattis were great with the mango, pineapple stuff” Referring to the home made corn tortilla chips and mango salsa. The guacamole was the only thing left at the end of the day. They like their avocados whole.
While some of us were cooking away in the kitchen others were enjoying Uno and Frisbee on the lawn.
It was a great use of a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment