Monday, April 2, 2012

I have moved again

It seems that since I was 18 years old I have moved every 3-6 months. Well living in Burundi has been no exception. Jan to March I was living with a family in their “mother in law apartment”. Mid March I was relocated to compound with a daycare, bakery, clinic, and guest house. I feel like I’m back in the dorms. I have a square room with a bed, table, two chairs, night stand, fan and book shelf. I walk outside and down the hall to a bathroom with shower that is set up locker room style. Around the daycare on the other side of the property is the kitchen I am allowed to use which is a fully functional bakery and kitchen for the daycare. There is a covered area for hosting parties too.
The grounds are lovely, tall mango, avocado and ox heart trees, green grass, cement pathways, and mornings filled with the sound of weaver birds, small parrots, and a beautiful white and black hawk of some sort.
The best part would be my 45second commute to school. My home is now only two gates down from the elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment