Monday, December 12, 2011

Saturday

Here is a rundown on my Saturday. It was just so typical that I have to share.
I had two meetings planned for the day one at 10 and the other at 11.
I woke up to a text message reading "Morning rachel how was the night for us it was wonderful i'm down here i think we can meet be blessed"
Just having woken up I put the phone down, put my head back on my pillow and gave out a sigh. Welcome to Buja Rachel I told myself. I sent a reply and informed him I would be ready in 45min, which was still hours before his planned meeting time of 11.
Getting out of the shower I heard footsteps. The bathroom and shower I am using is across the hall from my room (think dorm room style living). I quickly dried off and wrapped my wrap around me as modest as possible and put my towel around my shoulders. I was completely covered neck to mid calf!
My 10am meeting was the one now hovering around my door. (mind you it's not even 9am yet) "I'm not ready yet Papa", I said, "I will meet with you at ten" holding up my hands to help demonstrate my point. "Oh!" he said.
The new first meeting time arrived and I met with the student. He is a sweet man from Rwanda. He wanted to see how I was and how I am progressing with the special education school. He also wanted to tell me about the work his uncle is doing in Congo to support woman's rights. He is looking for sponsors to help put on seminars on how to change how women are treated in Congo. (If you are interested please let me know, this is a good cause)
Ten o clock came and I was waiting for the pastor. He bugged me all year last time I was here about teaching him English. I wasn't brave enough to attempt at that time but since he was so persistent in a pleasant way I agreed. I made him tell me in English
about King David. It was so great!!!
Now the official business of the day was finished...so I thought.
I was requested to join a meeting of 4 students over lunch. These 4 students are passionate about starting a forum where people can share ideas and discuss important matters in a safe environment while improving their english public speaking skills. It was nice to be invited and participate in such a meeting.
Then I tried to take a nap. But got up after a short time and had some hot chocolate.
Oh the life...never a dull moment. Always important things to do.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, thanks for writing about your days. I can totally picture you in the man cave having all your meetings and living on campus again.

    ReplyDelete