Monday, September 13, 2010

Barbershop Music Anyone

It’s amazing how God provides. I’m blown away at his faithfulness each and every day. Brandon left for America and it was so hard to see him go. He had been a good friend from the beginning of this trip. When Javier, Stephanie and I would do something we always planned on 4 because we knew that Brandon would join the fun. When Javier and Stephanie left for the summer it was just Brandon and I. Things didn’t change. If there was something fun to do, it was done together. Because he worked close to Hope he regularly came over after work or for lunch break. Seeing him go was very hard. One of the great things about Brandon was that we attended the same university and both call Seattle home. Being able to chat about things from back home was wonderful.
It was amazing how the day after he left that my prayers were answered. God knew I needed a visit from someone. A group of singers came to visit. There were about 12 of them. All from Seattle! Some of them actually attended First Free, which is on SPU’s campus. I only got to see them one day but listening to them sing barbershop and bigband was a treat. After, I thanked them for bringing me Folklife Festival. They smiled and told me I was welcome.
God is a great provider, even when my needs are so small.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful encouragement that must have been.. I'm so thankful for you that God showed you His love in that way!

    ReplyDelete