Friday, January 29, 2010

Crying and Laughing

4 days to go...
I'm ready to get off the roller coaster of my emotion! At any moment I will break down and cry. Mainly at a point in time when I'm leaving friends and won't see them again. But sometimes, such as last night, I left some very good friends house and cried on my way to choir. I will see them on Sunday but I was overcome by the sorrow of leaving them. I will miss them and all my friends and family very much.
If I focus on going and not on leaving it's much better. I'm excited beyond belief about going and doing what I have been called to do, but leaving my world is hard.
It's been a huge comfort having Stephanie and Javier planning together. Stephanie will call me just as I begin to cry, she doesn't know but the timing is perfect. We will laugh like school girls about packing hassles, how much we have to do in the next few days, and what we are taking (peanut butter, chocolate chips, Oreo cookies to name a few). It's good just to laugh.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you are going through.. hang in there though.. you are going to be fine... in the most difficult moments God will be by your side.. if you ever need to talk just let me know..! Love ya and I can't wait to see you on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Rachel!! The Lord has such exciting things in store for you! :) :)

    ReplyDelete