Wednesday, January 20, 2010

13 Days to Go

So time is getting closer.
The first week of Jan. I went to Arizona by way of Bellingham. I visited very good friends in Bellingham for a few days then flew out of the smallest airport I have ever seen. The Bellingham Airport literally has only 2 gates! I was shocked too.
Down in Arizona I flew into a huge airport comparatively, it had 4 gates.
I spent a week with one of my professors and her family and then time with my aunt and uncle and cousins. My professor gave me all sorts of advice on teaching university students and setting up a course. My aunt took me to Hot Yoga where I was "trapped" (willingly stayed) in a room that was heated to 105 degrees. I actually didn't mind it that much, although I was dripping wet.
Both experiences were training for Africa, I'm sure.
Leaving Arizona was hard and going back to friends in Bellingham was wonderful, until I had to leave them. The drive home was very sad.
It was a sad few weeks for a while.
Yesterday I visited my aunt and uncle and the day before I hung out with my cousin. Leaving both of them was sad but I was not gloomy as I was before.

I feel that I'm past the gloomy stage and on to hope, hope for a good year. A year of new experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, We miss you! It's been too long since we've visited... I love hearing about the journey God is taking your heart on as He prepares you for this amazing adventure coming up.

    ReplyDelete