Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baby steps

I feel like I'm taking the slowest baby steps toward Burundi that I can. sigh

Today I went to Costco and got my passport pictures taken.


I have applied to be a VISA Voyager, this is an organization through Free Methodist World Missions. It has been very helpful to have a wealth of knowledge just a call away.

Yesterday I went to my second Kurundi language lessons. I am trading English for Kurundi with a woman from my church. Her family are Burundi refugees. It's nice to hear what the words should sound like and also get some culture at the same time while she is talking to her children in Kurundi.

I can now say good morning, the numbers 1, 2 and 3, house, yes and no. Important words to know ;) There are other words I understand when they are spoken to me.

In the next few weeks I should know how my finances will be processed and will be able to start sending out support letters, applying for grants and visiting churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment