Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quilts for Orphans in Burundi









Many people don't realize that even on the equator a 20 degree drop in temperature from day to night feels cold no matter what the temperature.





Something Deeper Ministries Quilting Group was happy to make over 30 quilts to donate to those who have no form of warmth in the nights.








What a joy it was to be the one delivering these quilts. I felt guilty bringing such joy when I didn't make the quilts, I just carried them in my suitcases.





The orphans are divided into family groups with one mamma and one aunt to take care of them. This family group was so happy to stand for their picture.




Thank you again to all the women who helped out, made quilts, donated material, helped sew, and all that was done!! Blessings





The Mamas were so happy have quilts for the children placed in their care. I could tell this was an answer to their prayers!







In delivering these quilts I was shocked to see the thread barren sheets these children are sleeping under at night.






So happy just to be together with such a huge blessing.

2 comments: