Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Cried today. I got a call from a friend. So nice. Pain in my stomach, fever, lack of sleep, wanting familiar place, missing friends and family. The phone call came at the right time. So good.
I was feeling terrible today yet went to the airstrip to see the damage the river did 15 years ago. Sandals was not the way to go, but all I had. My feet were bit and scratched. My head and body were hot and sweaty. I kept thinking, “I should be in bed.” When we got back that, after my shower, was exactly where I went.
Lunch was a New Years/Randy’s Birthday celebration with the workers. It was too tired. I went over towards the end. Goat and Capitan were served but rice and beans was all that was left when I arrived.
I stayed for a short time, then back to bed with me. Read many chapters of the book. Now in bed again ready for a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment