Friday, May 7, 2010

Specific Prayer Requests

Thank you so much for your support these last 3 months.
Here is a specific way you can support me in prayer.

Teaching:
The quarter is winding down and so my work load is winding up. I need to write a final exam for 2 classes and the students will be turning in their 5-10 page philosophy papers in one class and the other a huge project. I will be very busy with grading. ~ Please pray for balance and timing for my students and also for me.
Summer classes start soon, first week in June. I am scheduled to teach 2 courses. The first, overview of special education, I'm really excited about. The other, services for teens and adults with disabilities, I'm not excited about because there aren't many services here so I'm not really sure what to teach. ~ Please pray for wisdom and networking with organizations here in Burundi that are already serving this population.
Special Ed Program Research:
I talked to the director of the preschool at the church. I'm very excited about the possibilities of using that as a training site for HAU students. They currently don't have students with special needs identified but there is a possibility that some might be hiding amongst the classes. ~ Please pray for wisdom and cultural sensitivity on how to integrate myself into their program, if that is what God wants.
I contacted 2 organizations that are working with those with disabilities here in Burundi. I haven't heard back from them. I think, like my dad always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. ~ Please pray that I would get a meeting with them and that I would have discernment on which organizations to partner with and which to leave.
Personal:
Come summer 4 of those who work with me are leaving, either for the summer or for good. ~ Please pray that I wouldn't be lonely. I don't think I will with all the classes and short term groups coming but it is something that I am taking into consideration.

2 comments: