Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ice Cream

Oh Saturday you are so slow and needy. Waking up at 6am on Saturday makes the day seem like it lasts forever. At about 10am laying around had lost its enjoyment. It was time for an adventure. What to do. Buja is only so big and has only so many things to do. Go to the beach and work on a tan was the consensus. But which book to take. It's bad when you are dragging your feet about going to the beach because you are afraid you will be board with the book you bring. The book I selected didn't fit in my small purse. I told Stephanie that I needed a bigger bag for times like this. She said, "want to shop for it today?" Now with a new game plan we were on our way. Our second bus I thought for sure was going to fall apart. It was whining the entire time. I could hear the metal grinding and complaining under and behind me each bump we went over.
We looked at the shop but didn't find what I was looking for. The woman, an Oregonian, told us about an ice cream place with soft serve. One of the HAU professors was there and offered us a ride. We got there and...they were out. We hoped on a bus back to town, we had another place in mind. We walked up to the counter and looked into the freezer at the pre packaged cones, bars, and cups of ice cream. I guess it would have to do. Just then Stephanie said, "they have scoop". What, scooped ice cream!!!
It was so good.
Creamy, like it was actually made with milk (we have questions about other ice cream cones we've had here). It was cold and the flavor was good too.
All the way home I could taste the greatness in my mouth.
The best part was it was only a little over a dollar for two scoops on a cone!
Dad that's the first place we are going when you arrive.
We got back to campus at 2pm but I felt that the day was complete. Relaxing all evening sounds good.
Saturday how I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Love you writing. I want to ride on one of the breaking apart buses. Scoop Ice cream your dad will love it. we will have to go everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool that you made Saturday a "person" nice writing.

    ReplyDelete