Sunday, October 18, 2009

Overwhlemed, it's a good thing

I presented at a church for the first time today it was Ballard Free Methodist Church. This is the church that will be collecting all my funding and then sending me the money while I'm in Burundi.

As I sat in the sanctuary listening to the sermon I looked down at the bulletin. I put my prayer card with my picture and where I am going to the side. I had stuffed all the bulletins with them earlier that morning. Then I looked down and saw my name, I was presenting so I thought it would be there. What I wasn't expecting was my classification, missionary.
Me a missionary, I didn't think about it like that.
As I presented I was overwhelmed with the huge responsibility, I will be representing this church, moreover Christians in Washington, and even more than that I will be representing Jesus Christ to those I meet in Burundi, Africa. Wow, what a task.
I was almost done with the presentation and I began to ask them to pray for me. I was overwhelmed by the need that I had for them to pray. (it's a big need)
I realized more than ever how much God is going to have to do everything during this trip. And that is comforting. Nothing I do on my own will be any good, it will be garbage. Only what God does will be worth the time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment