Friday, January 6, 2012

Q & A Update

Where are you going? Burundi, Africa
Who asked you to go? Ken & Melli Johnson (career missionaries in Burundi)
Where will you stay? Johnson’s home guest apartment in Bujumbura, Burundi (south side of town this time)
When are you going? January 9, 2012
How long are you staying? 1 year commitment
What will you do there? I’ve been asked to homeschool/tutor a Burundian boy with moderate mental retardation in the mornings and help to set up a special education tutoring center and school for children with learning disabilities who need extra help to stay in school.
How can I support you?
Prayer, emails, comments on my blog all help to remind me that people are helping me through on those tough days.
Finances are also needed. I will be staying at the Johnson’s for free but will not be paid for my work so I am relying on sponsors to assist in finances. $20,000 is what is needed for the year. I’m at $4,000 as of Christmas.
Giving sent to:
Living Hope Church
PO Box 1726
Westport, WA 98595
check memo line: Rachel in Burundi

No comments:

Post a Comment