Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not Returning to Burundi

I'm sad to report that I will not be able to return to Burundi in September.
Everything was on schedule for my return in September but I was notified last week that the lack of a master's degree will prevent me from continuing my teaching at the university.

I would like to thank you, who are in the States for supporting me as I prepared to go, while I was there and in my return. I would like to thank the people who are in Burundi and around Africa who supported me while there and for the new friendships I have with you.
There are two reasons why I am sad that I will not return to Burundi. 1. I don't get to help my students in the Special Education department understand the importance of teaching, caring for and loving a person with a disability. 2. I made such great friends at HAU and around Burundi and will miss them very much
Thank you again all of you who kept me in your prayers during this stretching yet rewarding year.

I will keep this blog going for anyone that wants to follow, but specifically for my friends in Burundi so they can keep up with my life for free instead of expensive phone calls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment