Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Old Man!!!

I taught class and the students asked some good questions. Then in the afternoon I went for a walk and met an old man. We had a whole 10 min conversation in Kirundi! I was so proud of myself. Now the conversation was just small talk and I had to have him repeat many sentences but I understood what he was saying. We passed a group of men hanging out on the street corner and they were shocked. They must have known that the man didn't know English. They asked him if I knew Kirundi. The old man told them yes. He didn't have any doubt in his tone. They were shocked and had a good laugh. It was great. I had dinner with friends then went to Campus Fellowship. Friends came over in the evening for a cookie and to discuss a child care event that he is putting on for his church. I was able to help him with his planning and brainstorming. It was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! How great to be able to see how much you're learning. :-)

    ReplyDelete