Sunday, November 8, 2009

Who would be that voice?

I was driving in my car the other day just chatting with the Lord about my finances for the trip. Remember Lord it's $20,000. How will you raise $20,000?
I told him that I trusted him; that if the money didn't come in then I would not go, simple as that. But then I started to think about it. What would happen if I didn't go? Who would go instead of me? Who would be a voice, someone to speak up for the children with disabilities. Lord if you don't let me go then who will go?
I told him that I wanted to go. I didn't want this opportunity to pass by because someone needs to go and if not me then who? I pleaded with the Lord to let me go to Africa.
Now let's put on the breaks a little and remember where I was just 6 months ago...Lord, don't send me! I don't want to go to Burundi! Please send someone else.
Wow how the Lord has changed my heart. He has brought me around to realize that his plan for me, if I am willing to follow, is right were I would like to be.
I, Rachel Jacobs, want to go to Burundi. I want to be a voice that speaks up for those who are hidden in their home and not cared for.
I am reminded of what Bishop Elie said to me when I asked how those with disabilities are cared for, "they feed them because they have to, they are a burden, that is all." Someone needs to stand up and say, "These people with disabilities are loved by God and should be valued and loved by families and neighbors."
God I want to be that voice

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I've been following your posts (not as often as I would like) and I can see how this process has changed your heart. It's amazing what God can do when you submit your heart to His. I'm proud of you for being willing to do so.

    Blessings...

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete