Friday, May 16, 2014

Hernias & Cow Gut

I feel so behind on my posts when I look at photos that haven't been shared. Please forgive me!


What Isaac sees and what I see are very different things. Isaac is looking at this cow intestine as something to learn a new technique to repairing someone. All I see is a gross pile of pink that is making my nose uncomfortable!



Hernias are very common in Uganda but even more in Isaac's tribe. The local hospital put together a training for the surgeons. Isaac was able to attend and learned lots of new techniques
 


While Isaac was busy learning I stared out the window and spotted this kind man. I had to check out his ride.
He was the nicest man. He was deformed by polio but that doesn't keep him down. He was born in a Muslim family but was cared for by Christians and now goes around the hospital giving people hope by sharing his story. He says that he tells people to keep going even though the situation looks bad. He hasn't stopped yet.

After playing with the cow intestines Isaac observed a new way of repairing a hernia. Most of the patients were prisoners from the local prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment