Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Grandma, this one's for you!

My father normally gives me a gentle hint about the lack of blog posts, which pushes me to share one or two. But this post here is dedicated to Grandma who clearly informed me that I needed to post something :) Thanks Grandma for keeping me on it.

We are currently living in the US for 5 months before we head back to East Africa. Our lives are in transition currently. After a wonderful going away breakfast we packed up our apartment and put it into 4 different homes of friends who will keep them under beds and in dark closets for a few months. We flew the 2 day journey this time in 5 days, we made some stop overs :)

The first stop was in Kenya. Isaac had fun at the hospital and I went next door for my own enjoyment.







These two were awaiting surgery of their own to make their legs work. We played football (soccer) scooting around the playroom. As you can imagine, they were much better than me at the scooting thing.






The second stop was in Dubai for a forced layover. Our travel agent scored us the deal, thanks man!











Now we are living in Washington. Life here is different and hit me, not like it did the first time with culture shock, but still quite strong for the first 2 weeks.

We are settling now and Isaac is enjoying his time observing local doctors in their work. Thank you for your continued prayer and support. If you are interested in having Isaac and I share our story we are currently putting together our speaking schedule. Please let us know, we'll be here until the beginning of December.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment