Friday, November 9, 2012

I have what? It feels like death!

Dysentery (formerly known as flux or the bloody flux) is an inflammatory disorder of the intestine, especially of the colon, that results in severe diarrhea containing mucus and/or blood in the feces[1] with fever, abdominal pain,[2] and rectal tenesmus (a feeling of incomplete defecation), caused by any kind of infection.
In extreme cases dysentery patients may pass over a litre of fluid an hour. More often, individuals will complain of nausea, abdominal pain, and frequent watery and usually foul-smelling diarrhea accompanied by mucus and blood, rectal pain, and fever.

Thank you Wikipedia for painting my symptoms so clearly. I could be considered a texbook case.

2 comments:

  1. But sweetheart you made it through with 2 great doctors. Thanks Chris and Isaac. Sorry you were soooo sick. Glad I could be with you on part of it. Thanks Liz for holding her hand while she gave up her blood. That is what she did for me when I would have to give blood. Glad you are better. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Hope you are better by now and back to enjoying life. Thanks again for the tea I had a cup this morning,in fact I enjoy most mornings; it is very good. Cherie

    ReplyDelete