Monday, September 5, 2011

Excuses

Why is it that everyone I talk to seems to have an excuse of why I can't serve?

You don't have your master's degree.
You're single.
You're young.
You don't have enough experience.
You're a girl.

and my least favorite
This is what happened to me when I was your age, you'll make it through.

When did this become about me and my abilities? I thought that serving the Lord was about Him.

And to address the last excuse just because people treated you badly and you happened to learn and grow in spite of it doesn't mean that people should treat other people the same way. What happened to learning from history and not making the same mistakes?

I don't want excuses. If you don't want me to serve just tell me no and take responsibility for your denial of me. Don't just make excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment