Saturday, July 30, 2011

No Master's Degree for Now

So I received an email from the university I applied for and they said that they will no longer be accepting applications. And my application is not complete yet.
The test (GRE, like the SAT but for grad school) I took, was scored and results were sent to the university a month ago. Then I waited for the school to tell me that they had received the scores. I contacted them this Monday and they informed me that the scores did not arrive. The testing company was very kind and resent the scores to the university for no charge. They said that they should arrive by Friday. I received the denial email on Wednesday.
All this to say I tried to apply for a master's degree program and I didn't get it.
Now I'm continuing to apply for jobs and other positions in and around East Africa.
I continue to strive towards this because I, along with my parents and others in my life, believe that that is where I belong.
My heart still aches for those who have been put off by their families because of their disability, the little boy who was beat with a rope in the public market by his caregiver, and the countless others who are capable to attend school but need better trained teachers to help them learn.
I will not give up this easily. I will continue to fight to support those with disabilities in East Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment