Thursday, December 1, 2016

What's happening with you?

I can't believe I've not blogged since Sept! Well I guess I can. There has been so much happening that November just flew by. Also part of my excuse for not blogging is that my computer won't turn on properly. This means that I'm using the old computer to accomplish tasks and a turtle speed. That being said all my photos are also gone for the time being until I can get someone to wake my computer from it's black screen of death :)
So in the meantime I'd love to share what's been happening.
I'm feeling very much like a farmer :) I've been doing research on homesteading and ideas for our new house. I planted some potatoes. I looked into vertical growing and have created my own potato tower out of the trunks of the banana trees after we harvested the bananas. The chicken we have has a new batch of chicks. We've had problems with the neighbor's cat, we lost 3 chicks, so we locked her into the "hen house" until the chicks are old enough to be safe. Her first batch of chicks are almost laying eggs themselves. We sold two off so we are left with 5 hens and one noisy rooster. The boys enjoy throwing food to them and then chasing them around the yard.
Isaac has done a few medical camps with his school. I'll put together a post for that next.
While my parents were here we were able to give out some dresses that were made by two different church groups. The mothers beamed as their daughters put on the dresses. That has too many pictures so that will be a post of it's own as well.
This fall has also been a sad time as we had to say goodbye to three of our good friends. This lovely married couple quickly became friends as we began invading each other's homes, kitchens, and lives. They are back in the US now for a stretch of time but hope that when they return to Uganda that we will live close enough to visit often.
This lovely lady grew up in East Africa. She was my first friend in Uganda. Her work with special education training has been an inspiration and her insight on the East African's way of thinking has truly enlightened me and challenged me. She is always caring not just for me and my family but about my heart. She is on "home" assignment for a year and I dearly miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment